Wednesday 26 August 2009

Update

Can't believe that it's already Wednesday!
Here is a brief summary of events up to this morning.
Sunday afternoon, did 18 holes at High Melton and thrashed Barry -won't mention his score but I scored 40!
Had a superb Sunday dinner (which I cooked with my own fair hands) then spent some time crafting and had an early night.
Monday was (as usual) Monday Club Golfing - played with Jan, Jean and Kath. Had a lovely game and didn't play too badly. Home for a short time to make dinner for Barry, then back to Golf Club to help Joan with a Competition Summary Spreadsheet. 7:00 p.m saw the Golf Ladies meeting - was quite lively, quite a few issues brought up, interesting!
Tuesday, usual visit to market to visit Keith and hand over my purse! Bought a few things for Chris (G) also bought some new curtains and cushion covers for our bedroom. Went home and hung new curtains, washed old ones. Did another load of washing. There are only two of us, where does all this washing come from? Cleaned upstairs - aren't I just getting too boring! Printed some posters and handouts for our Tuesday evening Ladies golf - greensomes tonight. Was just getting ready for golf when the heavens opened. Got absolutely soaked fetching in the washing and had to put it all onto radiators to dry! Anyway, half an hour later went to golf club and had a dry 11 holes and Jean and I came second! We didn't do too badly in the quiz either. This is our last proper ladies evening of the season as next week we are joing the Rabbits for a competition and the week after sees the last evening event - a Texas scramble with the Ladies, Rabbits and Tigers. Sounds like something from Jungle Book doesn't it.
Got home and watched some of the QVC Craft day programmes that I had recorded through the day then another early night. Must be getting old!
This morning I got up to a cold wet and miserable morning, but wasn't too upset as I was meant to be going to Chris's (sis-in-law's) today for our weekly craft get-together. However I took a phone call from Chris a few minutes ago and we have to postpone as David is really poorly and she has to take him to the Doctors for some urgent attention. Poor David has been in real pain for a while now - so much so that they have had to cancel their trip to Australia which was due to start this Saturday. Hope that all goes well.
I am going to spend the morning doing the ironing, then when that's done I will craft alone. Don't you just feel so sorry for me? Seriously, it is an ideal opportunity to get the ironing done. When it rains, you may as well do the ironing, cos you can't golf can you!
Talking of golf, we have a friendly game with Bawtry ladies at home tomorow, weather permitting - so keep your fingers crossed that we have a better day tomorrow.
Tally-ho, off we go - ironing here I come - yum yum.
Bet you didn't realise that I was a poet either did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.