Wednesday 21 October 2009

Wot Wednesday again!!

Well most things went as planned. Saturday Ladies night went well, Barry and I did quite a bit of dancing, must learn to jive though. Got up at crack of dawn Sunday morning to go to Belton Woods for our 2 days of golf and overnight stay. We played the lakes course on Sunday and both Barry and I lost a couple of balls to the lakes. My battery packed in on the 12th, so I had to push the ruddy trolley for the rest of the round. Really enjoyed the course, but didn't play too well, although I won a fiver for nearest the pin on the 17th. After the golf we were starving - fancy that. had a quick sandwich and a coffee - cost an arm and a leg! Then I went for a swim and Barry went for a kip. Off to dinner after that - excellent meal. Only had a starter and sweet cos the starters were fabulous. It was a buffet and carvery, so you just helped yourself. We went back to our room, watched TV for a while, then bed.
Monday was the Woodlands course and it looked fabulous with all the beautiful autumn coloured leaves on the trees. The only downer was my trolley battery only made it to the first tee! It was really hard work pushing the trolley round that course. Despite this I still enjoyed the game, but didn't play too well again. Barry and I had to dash off home straight after our game, as he had to be in Barnsley before 5:00, so after a quick wash and change I drove him through to Barnsley, had a quick tea and got some Stampin Up stuff ready to play with for Sue and Sarah. They arrived at 7:00 and we played nicely til 10:30! We made two cards each and they were really pleased with them. Neither of them had really stamped before, so they enjoyed having the opportunity to use both the roller and ordinary stamps.
Tuesday morning I had to phone Go Cart up and arrange for a replacement battery and charger to be sent to me. I am playingat Pike Hills tomorrow, so I really do need the battery to work well. They were very helpful and promised to courier these to me today, so i have to wait in for these arriving. Spent some time cutting the nesties scallop ovals and ovals for the Tuesday Class to finish off their tri shutter card and getting the supplies ready for their next project. The Class went very well and everyone's card looks absolutely stunning. We then stamped two baubles and started colouring them in, however we ran out of time so will finish this card next week. Went shopping to Morrisons and bought a cooked chicken for tea
then after tea I had to dash off to the Golf Club for a Ladies meeting. There really is no rest for the wicked is there! Came home and watched Flash Forward with Barry, then off to bed. Will do some housework today whilst I have to stay in and the weather doesn't look too promising anyhow, so I may as well stay in. May do a little crafting in between.
See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.