Saturday 7 November 2009

Golfing again

Well it's been a beautiful day for golf and I have really enjoyed the fresh air. It got a bit cold towards the end of the round, but was really bracing. Did a reasonable front 9 but once again the back 9 was absolute rubbish. Stayed and had a sandwich at the club house whilst I waited for Mary (Lady Captain) to finish her round, then had a quick word before going back home.
On Wednesday I had decided not to go to the Heritage, as Christine was coming over for the day, so I thought that I would save the visit until Thursday. Instead I made Maggie's and Ethan's Wedding Cards for Stephen and Sarah and made a start on mine and Stevie's at the same time. Nicky came to collect his cards before the ladies came for our Wednesday Craft Class. We did the bauble aperture card and once again had very satisfactory results.
Thursday morning Christine came over and we started off at the Heritage Centre where I spent a small amount and Chris spent an even smaller amount. We then went to the Blue Bell and had a very pleasant lunch. Then back home and I went to the Hairdressers for my hair cutting, and we both had a cup of coffee there with Michelle and Gemma. Back home we made sure that we had all the stuff we needed for our night at the WI at Ingbirchworth where we were making Christmas cards. We didn't have time to play with our purchases, wwe just had a quick sandwich, then dropped Barry off in Barnsley and went on to Ingbirchworth. Most of the ladies were very pleasant and really enjoyed the cardmaking. Apparently one lady declined the opportunity and just sat and watched everyone else! After we had finished it was time for a welcome cup of tea and a fresh homemade buttered scone for me - Chris has far more determination than me and just had the cuppa! We then went home, in the dark, and it was quite foggy by then. Was glad to get home, and felt sorry for Chris having to drive down the motorway back to hers.
Friday was a very lazy day, spent doing a bit of housework, a bit of TV watching, a little bit of playing silly games on the computer and a little bit of crafting. Usual fish and chips for tea - Barry doesn't let me down! Took Steveie shopping then settled down to watch Benidorm - it was the last in the series - will miss it next week. Had a nice cuppa tea, then went to bed.
This evening, I have been to Morrisons, to fetch some bits and bobs, plus a birthday cake for Baby sister Anne Marie, who is coming up from Manchester tomorrow and staying overnight. We are having a little family celebration for those of us who can make it (Jane's in London and won't get back in time). I have done really well craft-wise tonight, I have made a birthday card, a golden Wedding card and a Silver Wedding card. One of these days I will get organised and post photos of these things as I make them!
Thats enough for now - tarra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.