Thursday 7 April 2011

Ribbon rose build a blossom

Well I have just spent a couple of hours playing with the embossing folders and the Build a blossom punch from the new Mini Catalogue - but don't tell Barry will you - he thinks that I am catching up on the housework!
I am really happy with the Pretty in Pink rose that I have made using the punch, then I have made a ribbon rose for the middle of this using the 1/8" taffeta ribbon in the same colour. The two panels have a plain panel in the middle onto which I have placed a Scallop Trim punched border. The modern label punch is used for layering the sentiment on. I engraved veins on the leaves with an embossing tool and edged them with Frost White shimmer paint - not sure whether you can see this on the piccies.






















Here is a close up of the rose.

2 comments:

  1. Love the card Kate. We are so lucky to have Big Shot!!!
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty flower and a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.