Saturday 20 October 2012

Christine's birthday

Today is the very special birthday of yet another Christine - this time it's Christine M,
who regularly comes to my Monthly Saturday 1/2 day workshop.
(I won't tell everyone which special birthday this is Christine - your secret's safe with me!)
As I won't see her now until mid November, I had to design a card that
was pretty flat and would travel through the Royal Mail system safely and economically.
This is what I came up with.



I stamped the background on the  Rich Razzleberry card stock using Versamark
and  the grass/flowers from the Just Believe stamp set. I stamped "Friend" (from Just Believe also) in the top RH corner in Rich Razzleberry ink. I inked up the central image from the Layered Labels stamp set using a Rich Razzleberry Stampin Write Marker, and left the Hearfelt sentiment off it.
I cut this using the Apothecary Accents Framelits die.
When I had done this, I had smudged the central panel, so I had to use a punched Modern Label
in RR and layered the Just for You sentiment (cut with the Word Window punch) on top.
The only embellishment I have used is some Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle on the ends of the flourishes. (The picture's so bad you can't see it, but it really does make it sparke IRL)
I am quite happy with this - and I hope that Christine likes it.
Happy Birthday Christine - hope you are having a lovely day!!.

17 comments:

  1. That's a lovely centerpiece Kate, and such a rich colour. I'm sure your friend will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Kate - beautiful colour and I'm sure the recipient will be very pleased xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, such a lovely deep colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking card Kate very elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely card.I love the rich colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Elegant and loving the rich colour and the stamp.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful, I love the rich colour and the frame around the sentiment is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the elegance of the stamping and richness of color of this one Kate. Beautifully Done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very victorian - beautiful, as always :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous colour so lovely and rich, love the sentiment, its gorgeous, this is a real elegant card, love it xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.