Wednesday 8 May 2013

Betsy's Blossoms and bleach

Chris (sis-in-law) is back from holiday now , so it was good to spend a day crafting again.
Really missed her last week!  Never mind - it will soon be my turn to go on holiday.
Enough waffle.  We did some serious crafting, I did a scrapbook page - which is something of an achievement for me, because it's not something that I have a penchant for.
I am really pleased with the result, but cannot post it on here yet - you will have to wait a while for that pleasure.  Chris gave me a hand with the finishing touches to a few swaps for Saturday and then made two cards that she needed to make.  Then we played....... with bleach!!
We were very careful and diluted it to be on the safe side, and we tried colouring in
 with bleach on various colours of card. We enjoyed this pastime (we like to play)
then after she had gone home, I played a little more and here is the result.


I used the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set and randomly stamped using bleach, Soft Suede,
Early Espresso and Crumb Cake onto Crumb Cake card stock.
I added a piece of retired SU ribbon, with a  matching ribbon slider from my stash (non SU)
then stamped the two tags using the Tint Tags stamp set and punched them
out using the matching punch and attached with Linen Thread.
I am quite pleased with the effect!













17 comments:

  1. it's a wonderful card Kate.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation Kate, love the little charms and the beautiful colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. its gorgeous hun I can see why you are pleased!,lovely ! Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to play with our toys! Best use of bleach - rather than housework. It's a lovely card with subtle colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Kate, very effective results xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had fun playing with bleach - and the result looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors and I love the ribbon!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kate, love the stamp and the colours you've used.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Kate love the details xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is a fabulous example of stamping with fabulous colours.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea and stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Design Kate I love the colours.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow i love this card and what super colours toox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow fabulous Kate. Love it!!!!! Louise xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.