Monday 20 January 2014

Happy Birthday Adam

Today is my nephew Adam's birthday.  As always I have problems coming up with ideas
for male themed cards, but I got inspiration from a swap that I received at one of 
our quarterly training days last year.  It was a card made by a fellow Julies Jem - Caroline 
(you can see a version of the card she did by following the link.)



Caroline had not had time to finish off her swaps, 
so I sat and played around for a while and came up with this.
I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to add some more splodges in Basic Gray 
and Raspberry Ripple.  I added the letter A from the Morning Post stamp set,
then wrote the rest of his name by hand.
 I then added a few more cogs and voila!
I am really pleased with the result!
(Plus I am getting more into this grunge look!)
Thanks for the inspiration Caroline - much appreciated xx

20 comments:

  1. Such a clever male themed creation Kate.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous collage, love the muted shades, I'm sure he will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandson, Adam, will be 1 year old, next Monday, how time flies, I just don't know, your nephew is going to love this card hun, it is brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Male card love all the stamping.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo errr Mrs! I'm loving that one. I may have to CASE.

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just amazing Kate
    I think I may have to case you right back!
    love the colours that you have used and the layout
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant and I love the stamp and the colours
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Kate, great masculine one. Lindsay x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, great masculine one. Lindsay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a fabulous designed card, love this Kate, great colours & design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Kate, fantastic design ! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for the grunging - bet he will love it. Ann x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely brilliant male card. This is ideal for any age! The colours are perfect and I love your grungy side :-)

    ♡ & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this, so great for a boy/man. The colors are perfect. Nice job! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Know what you mean about inspiration for mens cards. Always a hard one but you have cracked it with this one Kate. Fabulous.

    Kay
    CBN DT.X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looked Kate :) lol, love it, I love how you have added more grunge and persoanlized it Brill :) x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.