Monday 17 November 2014

Ornamental Pine

Well the Christmas Season is creeping up on us so quickly that I have had to up the pace of my Christmas card making, so that I am not on a last minute dash again (as in many years previously).
I have given myself a target of how many cards I need to make each week before
 the posting deadline, and it's not as bad as I expected. 
This is mainly because we have been doing quite a few each week at my classes.
I must get my cards sent off abroad though - Australia, Spain, USA and Japan - 
we must be near the deadline already!
Anyhow - here's the first of a series of cards that I have made,
 inspired by creations on Pinterest, using the Ornamental Pine stamp set.


The colours don't show up very well on this photo, but I used Always Artichoke for the pine needles and stamped the pine cone with Versamark, then heat embossed with Early Espresso
embossing powder, and highlighted it with a white pen.
I ink dusted the sky using Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Soft Sky ink.
I then used the splatter technique using a stiff paintbrush and white ink.
Not sure if you can see this - in reality it has quite a dramatic effect,
but loses this in the photography - sorry!

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the background and image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous....love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie, This is simply stunning, I love the simplicity of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of the card, such a stunning effect x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Christmas card Kate. The stamps and colours are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet lady! Your Christmas card is beautiful :) Love and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card love the background and the image.hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. i've made 40 for WI with pine but this one looks better. Back to drawing board then!! Ann x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Kate. Wonderful colour and stamp detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a tranquil card...what a lovely thing during such a rush-rush season! It's stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty. Seems different from your usual type of cards, LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this Kate, super background, image and sentiment, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I adore this...you could almost be standing there looking out your window at this scene xx gorgeous
    hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant. Love the colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.