Friday 20 April 2018

An extra special birthday card.

Wanted to do an extra special card the other day, had an idea of
what colours and paper, and a general idea of the style -
this is what I came up with.
I am so pleased with this.

front view - open for display

Folded flat for posting

view from above showing the mechanics.

A simple colour combo of Night of Navy, White with a splash of Daffodil Delight.
The Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set has been used to stamp the border
(I used the balloon stamp and masked the border) and Delightful Daisy
to stamp the flower. The 1/2 punch was used to punch the flower centre and
the daisy punch was used to punch the daisy.
What do you think?

---------------

I have been asked for the measurements on this:-
Base card - white 14.8cm square
The front is folded in half and folded back to the spine.
The top card is 12.5 cm square and is folded the opposite way
if you look at the picture above I think you will see what I mean.
The coloured mat on the top of this card measures 11 cm square

Do let me know if you have a go at this, would love to see your versions of this.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the color combo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kate this is a stunning card I love the design. It is just so pretty. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kate, love the design and pretty colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the navy and white with the yellow and stamps used.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I love your design and use of the daisy punch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Kate - love that fold and it complete the papers and embellishments so well! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I like the idea for the border. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card, love the Daisy and the fold is very clever xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.